Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

anyone with stories on oral baclofen withdrawal?

Baclofen is a medicine currently being used for Cerebral Palsy. If you use Baclofen or have a Intrathecal Baclofen pump, post your experiences or questions here.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Postby erin0988 » Thu Apr 22, 2010 7:44 pm

i'm almost 22 and have been on oral baclofen for about 5 or 6 years i think. i'm considering asking my dr. about stopping taking it just because i want to see what the difference is. i don't have extremely severe cp, i can walk pretty well by myself or with a walker. i take baclofen 3 times a day, 15mg in the morning, 15mg at lunch and 20 at night time. i notice that if i forget to take it at night i'll wake up in the middle of the night extremely restless, not even spastic, just wide awake. what i've noticed since i started taking it is that i wake up a lot in the night and never feel rested. anyways, i had a trial for the baclofen pump when i was 18 and that was a bloody nightmare so i will never go that route (it was where they put baclofen in through a spinal tap to see what it does). any stories about going off baclofen?
erin0988

Re: anyone with stories on oral baclofen withdrawal?

Postby admin » Fri Apr 23, 2010 9:28 am

Hi Erin,
I have not had any experience with oral baclofen withdrawal but I have had withdrawal symptoms from the baclofen pump. I missed a refill appt. During the first few days I experienced horrible insomnia and did not sleep for 3 days. After that, I had severe spasms all over my body and a tingling sensation that would not stop. When I went and got my refill the following week, all symptoms were gone within 2 days. I would suggest gradually tapering off your dosage instead of stopping cold turkey.
admin
Site Admin

Postby keebsun » Thu Mar 29, 2012 11:44 am

I just posted on this on another question, but my daughter had a twisted bowel and had surgery and is still not fully recovered from that, that was in AUG of 2010, she was not well enough to be put out for the botox injections so we got her on the oral baclofen, low dose, worked good for about 3 months then she got really moody and severely depressed and had to take her off of it. SHe is 23 and 63 lbs, (was 75 lbs before the surgery) I weaned her off slowly but the withdrawal was horrible, sweated constantly, excessive thirst, constant moving the arms and legs like swimming, didnt sleep, cried all the time, for three days. Tried another drug in the same class as the baclofen and it was doing the same thing so she only takes trazodone and motrin pm for sleep now. We are back to the botox injections which help
keebsun

Postby stefanshuster170 » Fri Sep 09, 2016 4:11 am

Hi Guys,
I have not had any experience with oral baclofen withdrawal but I have had withdrawal symptoms from the baclofen pump. I missed a refill appt. During the first few days I experienced horrible insomnia and did not sleep for 3 days. After that, I had severe spasms all over my body and a tingling sensation that would not stop. When I went and got my refill the following week, all symptoms were gone within 2 days. I would suggest gradually tapering off your dosage instead of stopping cold turkey. :cry: :lol:
stefanshuster170

Postby ohnodd » Fri Sep 13, 2019 9:29 pm

Online discussion board is a modern ways technique to share ideas on any topic. It will help people to start discussion on any current affair. Most of the girls use these forms to discuss about rush essay discount code for online stopping sites some people take these forms as an informative stations.
ohnodd

Return to Baclofen and Intrathecal Baclofen Treatments