Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

Bacelofen Pill vs. Botox Injections

Baclofen is a medicine currently being used for Cerebral Palsy. If you use Baclofen or have a Intrathecal Baclofen pump, post your experiences or questions here.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Bacelofen Pill vs. Botox Injections

Postby yas35@aol.co » Thu Jan 13, 2011 8:37 pm

My daugther is 13 years old with CP and she has had botox injections which has worked well. The only draw back it only last a few months so we are back to the drawing board. Her orthopedic doctor recommended the baelofen pill. I would like to know if anyone has done both or one of the other and tell me there opinion. I already know about getting tired how does it work with the going to the bathroom. My daughter has control of her toileting so I don't want anything will take away her control. She does not wear diapers.
yas35@aol.co

Re: Bacelofen Pill vs. Botox Injections

Postby kellyjose12 » Thu Jul 07, 2011 10:14 pm

Botulinum Toxin Type A, according to many people is an exciting way of treating wrinkles. However the treatment which is known as Botox has been used over the years to treat other cosmetic conditions such as muscle spasms on the face. This is what led to it being recognized as a treatment that can treat facial wrinkles.
Botox injections are also used to reduce excessive underarm sweating. This is done by blocking the action of the nerve cells that control the sweat glands. By being injected directly on the underarms they can treat localized hyperhidrosis.

anti wrinkle injections
kellyjose12

Postby kameronsmother » Fri Aug 26, 2011 12:24 pm

Hello. Actually botox was created for cp and the beauty market started using it. My son who is 4 has take the pill form but it made him a little tired and a little loppy. He has the spascity in the legs and he is low tone in his core. SO i thought it made him weak all over. I really liked botox because it hit the area that he needed and didn't go through the whole body. Hope that helps.

MElissa
Kameron's mother
kameronsmother

Postby KizMac » Thu Aug 30, 2012 4:08 pm

So Baclofen makes them sleepy?
Does it make them overly floppy?
I've used muscle relaxants with my daughter before and wasn't happy with how dopey and floppy they made her.
Will this be the same?
Coffee is a drug. A warm, delicious drug!!
KizMac

Return to Baclofen and Intrathecal Baclofen Treatments