Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

Footwear for CP adults

Discuss mobility tools (hand controls for driving, wheelchairs, walking aids) used to assist you with everyday life.

Footwear for CP adults

Postby carly2186 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:06 am

Hi guys

I'm a 26 year old woman who is struggling to find suitable (yet fashionable and attractive) footwear for everyday usage. At the moment when I am in the office I wear small kitten heels with a strap around the ankle but these are not very supportive. Casually I'll wear Converse trainers (but these are too flat).

I'm just wondering if there are any other CP adults like myself who also find footwear a problem? I would love to hear your experiences/suggestions on how you have tackled this problem or if there are any avenues I can explore?

I am currently looking in to bespoke orthopedic footwear but as you can imagine the cost of getting footwear made runs in to the hundreds/thousands. It would just be good to hear any advice etc. I have been told by my consultant that unfortunately not many provisions are made for this sort of problem in adulthood and basically he can't help me...he did suggest a running shoe but it's not exactly office attire and every girl knows that the shoes maketh the outfit :)

Would be good to read similar stories...if there is a demand, surely there should be a solution?

Look forward to hearing any tips/ideas or just a general agreement :)
carly2186

Re: Footwear for CP adults

Postby Benjamine » Mon Nov 04, 2019 3:03 am

I love the way you write and share your niche! Very interesting and different! Keep it coming! XN-----WLDDRABA5ACBCC4AFI6RRA.COM
Benjamine

Postby Benjamine » Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:19 am

I think this is an informative post and it is very useful and knowledgeable. therefore, I would like to thank you for the efforts you have made in writing this article. Rent a BMW
Benjamine

Postby Benjamine » Thu Nov 07, 2019 7:04 am

This article was written by a real thinking writer. I agree many of the with the solid points made by the writer. I’ll be back. 50% - ammoreloaded
Benjamine

Return to Mobility Tools