Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

I NEED YOUR HELP!

If you think your child may have Cerebral Palsy as a result of medical malpractice, delivery mistakes or birth injuries, post your experiences and get advice here.

Moderators: Lori-ann, Tmagic650

I NEED YOUR HELP!

Postby morlzmeister » Mon Oct 26, 2009 2:39 am

Hi everyone,
I'm a 2nd year Product Design student at the University of Leeds in the UK and I'm currently working on a project about inclusive design.
My brief is to design a product that assists people suffering from a long-term health condition in daily life whilst reinventing the term assistive technology. I need to design something that not only aids the person with their task, but provides the means to increase confidence, aspiration, participation and self-reliance.
I chose to design for people with Cerebral Palsy as my brother has it so I have a lot of experience with the kind of products and technology that is available.
As part of my research I'm trying to find out as much as I can about what concerns people with Cerebral Palsy, what is important to you and what you feel would improve your quality of life.
I would be very grateful if you could respond with any information you think would help me as I'd like views of people other than my brother!
Thank you!

Kate :D
morlzmeister

Re: I NEED YOUR HELP!

Postby jonnydew007 » Sat Nov 27, 2010 3:30 am

I really appreciate your work. I think there should be more scientific research on cerebral palsy. And engineers should invent more technologies and machines that will help the CP effected people to live there life normally. Keep it up. Congratulation to you for choosing such a nice topic, and wish you best of luck with your goal.
jonnydew007

Return to Cerebral Palsy and Medical Malpractice