Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

my baby anjali with mild cp

Post updates on current Cerebral Palsy treatments and ask questions on current treatments

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

my baby anjali with mild cp

Postby chandramani » Fri Apr 01, 2011 4:31 am

hello, i am new to this forum, but really nice see the views and discussion on this topic of cerebral palsy. I am a father of a 26 months old baby ANJALI . she is a premature baby and could not sit or roll or hold her neck by the age of 8 months. she often use to keep her head leaning on her left side. she was diagnosed as mild C P and spastic diepegia on lower limbs. We are in touch with pediartic neurologist and her physiotherapy is going on . She is being given a dose of PACITANE 2 mg 1/2 tablet thrice a day to reduce spasticity since last 18 months.

She started sitting on her own at 12 months as (W -SITTING), started crawling after 14 months , crawling on the stairs by 17 and standing by holding the things by 19 months . Now since last 5 months she is walking with support and is standing with support for one hour. playing some games at her standing position .

she is able to communicate for her needs. lke asks for her milk when she is hungry , her words are not very clear but ok. We have notice that very often saliva keeps on coming out of her mouth. she understands and knows about her belongings. I am very afraid about health as weither will be able to walk un assisted. and would be able to be independent and go to a normal school like other kids. This saliva coming out from her mouth also disturbs me a lot.

I am from india and and want to know weither physiotherapy is the only remedy for this disease or other therapies are really working in cerebral palsy . If anyone can suggest any proffesional hospitals in any part of the world where there is a proper analysis and treatment availble for my kid ar any one who has gone through the same situation as of mine. please help.

chandramani Mishra
chandramani

Re: my baby anjali with mild cp

Postby healthinmotion » Fri Apr 01, 2011 8:53 am

Dear chandramani,

Physiotherapy is not the only option for treating cerebral palsy. Cerebral palsy is a complex disorder and as such, it will need to be treated in a complex way. However, any treatment or treatments have to follow the same path, the same philosophy and the same concept. If your child can do all the functions you just described such as rolling, crawling, standing up and walking with assistance, then based on her capabilities and her age, the skies are the limit. However, a lot of this will depend on you and how you are able to develop your child to become independent. Please email us and we’ll be happy to answer any specific questions that you may have.

Good luck, and hope to hear from you soon.

Natan Gendelman
Director / Osteopath
Health in Motion Rehabilitation | http://www.healthinmotionrehab.com
Toronto, ON Canada

Enabled Kids Blog | http://www.enabledkids.ca
Register now for our LIFE Program for kids ages 0-12 and 12-15 with CP, Down syndrome ABI and pediatric stroke! Dates available for 2012. Spaces are limited.
Visit http://www.healthinmotionrehab.com/life-program.php
healthinmotion

Postby healthinmotion » Fri Apr 29, 2011 7:38 am

Hope everything is going well for Anjali. Let me know if there's anything you're having problems with--I'm here to help!
Register now for our LIFE Program for kids ages 0-12 and 12-15 with CP, Down syndrome ABI and pediatric stroke! Dates available for 2012. Spaces are limited.
Visit http://www.healthinmotionrehab.com/life-program.php
healthinmotion

Postby ncm » Fri Jun 03, 2011 2:38 pm

Hi there,
i have a 2 1/2 year old with mild cp as well, there are other things that you can inqure to your doctor
For instance my sonhas had botox injections to loosen the muscle in his hamstrings and his gastrox (calf muscle) and then did serial casting
as well.
there are meds that can given, there is dorsel rhizotomy surgery at the shriners that your child may be qualified for, there is stem cell transplants that
can be done in the states if you have saved you childs cord blood, there is conductive therapy as well.
Just research and you may findsomething that may help
:)
ncm

Postby subrata » Sun Jul 03, 2011 2:56 pm

thanks for the information.Because i have faced the same problem for my cousin and she is only 3 yrs old.
subrata

Postby mike0009 » Thu Aug 25, 2011 7:00 am

Very familiar and informative issue have posted here.
This types of problem I faced several times.....
mike0009

Return to Cerebral Palsy Treatments