Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

causes

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

causes

Postby graysonbaby » Tue Mar 04, 2008 6:25 am

i just got the diagnosis of cp. my son is 16 months, was 3.5 months preemie and spent 2 months in the nicu. i hated him in the nicu.
one thing that i can't get over is the fact that they literally called him "spidy baby" when he was just weeks old, as he rolled over and climbed the walls of the incubator. i saw it for myself and a nurse told me they all nicknamed him that, b/c he did it all the time. he wanted out. after that i never saw him roll or move again and to this day he has trouble hence having mild cp. What did they do??? I think they gave him something to control him and caused this. I am crying now and can't sleep at night. I wish i would have been more alert and aware, and fought to get him out of that nicu and take him home. i do believe he didn't need it. but, the fact that our insurance would pay for it, they kept him to the day and minute they'd get paid. he was a healthy 7 lbs and still in there!!! other 2 lbers where going home on monitors, etc... b/c they didn't have insurance. anyway, i'm in a bad time of it right now. any thougths or suggestions? thank you.
brandi and grayson.
graysonbaby

Return to Parents of children with Cerebral Palsy