Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

Sports difficulty

Discuss mobility tools (hand controls for driving, wheelchairs, walking aids) used to assist you with everyday life.

Sports difficulty

Postby Tango101 » Tue Nov 15, 2016 12:48 pm

Hello, I'm a fourteen year old female student. I have spastic CP and I struggle using my legs and 1 arm. I want to be a proffessional wheelchair basketball player for my country when I'm older in the Paralympics but I have a few things that I am struggling to find out.

I need some core and ab training exercises, I know I'm young but being in a wheelchair is disheartening and having at least a toned core would improve my ability to turn in my sports chair as well as helping me feel better about my lack of being able to do anything. I have quite large biceps already (7 years of being in a wheelchair and chin ups help) so please don't say I'm a mad anorexic girl or whatever. I just want to feel healthy. I picked P.E as a GCSE and my three sports are wheelchair basketball, swimming & an undecided sport.

This leads me onto my second point, does anyone know where to get a bike? I do have the ability to use my legs, quite well, so I don't need a hand propelled bike. I just struggle with the balance, I fall over whenever I try, my balance is pathetic and I don't want one with visible stabilizers,because naturally, it embarrasses me.Can you guys help?
Tango101

Return to Mobility Tools