Donate to today by clicking the button above

Should I file a medical negligence case?

If you think your child may have Cerebral Palsy as a result of medical malpractice, delivery mistakes or birth injuries, post your experiences and get advice here.

Moderators: Lori-ann, Tmagic650

Should I file a medical negligence case?

Postby sjon11 » Mon Jul 24, 2017 10:00 pm

Hey guys,
My son is 4 now, and he is struggling with cerebral palsy. He started showing signs of physical impairment, and only when we consulted a doctor, we got to know that it is cerebral palsy, and it is a kind of brain injury or brain malformation that occurs while the brain is developing during birth or after. The result of this brain damage is that his brain development, muscle control, muscle coordination, reflex, posture and balance are affected. All these information I got from the doctor destroyed us mentally and emotionally. We love our son, but unable to watch his struggles.
We are thinking that if my son's struggles are caused by the negligence of the doctor and the hospital, shouldn't we file a birth injury case? I read about it on a personal injury lawyers website. And we are thinking to go forward with a suit against the hospital authorities. We want to get suggestions and advice about the legal processes and what to do about it.
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Jul 24, 2017 9:38 pm

Re: Should I file a medical negligence case?

Postby jefflowenthal » Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:07 pm

I am so sorry to hear about what happened to your son. I know it is difficult to provide your child with the care he needs without the proper financial support.

If your son’s brain was damaged during delivery, it is reasonable to consider a medical malpractice suit. The first thing you need to do, therefore, is find out whether your son’s brain damage came from negligence during birth. The only way to know the answer to this question is to gather all of your son’s medical records, especially those that involve the time prior to, during, and immediately after his birth, and bring them to a medical malpractice attorney.

That attorney can, in consultation with a medical expert, try to determine the cause of your son’s suffering. If it seems that something inappropriate occurred as a result of a doctor’s negligence, then the lawyer can determine whether it is appropriate to bring a lawsuit on your behalf. You will want to speak with a lawyer who has experience handling birth injury cases.

Again, I am sorry that you are having to watch your son struggle. I know it must be very difficult.
Jeffrey Lowenthal
Philadelphia Medical Malpractice Attorney
1800 JFK Blvd #300
Philadelphia, PA 19103
Posts: 1
Joined: Mon Aug 14, 2017 2:01 pm

Re: Should I file a medical negligence case?

Postby benleedavis » Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:44 am

I too came across this after reading about cerebral palsy compensation claims against the local hospital. I contacted them and they were very helpful. If in doubt contact the specialists first, those who deal specifically with negligence claims. I hope you find the best advice available for you and your son.
Posts: 1
Joined: Sat Sep 23, 2017 6:36 am

Return to Cerebral Palsy and Medical Malpractice

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 0 guests