Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

Could spastic cerebral palsy lead to erectile dysfunction?

If you think your child may have Cerebral Palsy as a result of medical malpractice, delivery mistakes or birth injuries, post your experiences and get advice here.

Moderators: Lori-ann, Tmagic650

Could spastic cerebral palsy lead to erectile dysfunction?

Postby khaled » Fri Aug 17, 2012 8:38 am

I have spastic cerebral palsy which affects both legs and arns. I suffer from impotence/erectile dysfunction since adulthood
(I did not have any normal erection before)

I did not have any sex relationship before

I have no other diseases or Obesity

I'm 21 years old

Could my CP be the reason for that?

Thanks very much
khaled

Re: Could spastic cerebral palsy lead to erectile dysfunctio

Postby pudetat » Thu Oct 25, 2012 3:04 am

well, i tried to answer your question but it took so long that the site timed me out and deleted my post before i could submit it. :twisted:

the short answer to your question is "no". that having been said, the rest of the answer is "well, maybe yes".

the most important sex organ in the human body, without a doubt, is the brain. when a man recieves sexual stimuli, his brain sends his body signals in response. in turn, his body tells his brain what is happening. this is called feedback. a man controls whether or not he gets an errection by controling this feedback. he can do things like look the other way, close his eyes to avoid seeing stimulating images, think about an unrelated idea or problem. on the other hand, a man can also intensify feedback by deliberatly stareing at stimulating images, touching himself, imagining that a woman is more receptive to him than she really is, etc. ultimatly the errection cannot continue without feedback. all of the drugs used for spasticity and seizures list sexual disfunction as a side effect. this is due to the way the drugs can interrupt the feedback process in the brain. are you taking any of these drugs?

beyond feedback, getting an errection is largely an involuntary response. it is not affected by voluntary motor nerve function or co-ordination, and should not be affected by CP.

in writing this i am assuming that your sexual developement and maturation are otherwise normal. often people with CP have a skin and bones appearance that is due to disuse, distrophy and atrophy. in severe cases, this atrophy takes over the reproductive system, causing sexual disfunction, both in males and females. in some cases onset of puberty can be severely delayed, retarded or arrested altogether. 21 years old is not out of the question.

back to the brain. in some cultures, the idea of someone with CP having sex is so far taboo, that people with CP are often "brainwashed" into believing that for them, sex is simply out of the question. sometimes relatives, preachers, and care-givers participate in this brainwashing for selfish motives. they don't want you to be sexually abused or taken advantage of, more importantly they don't want to have to deal with what's left of you should something like that happen. they don't want to have to hunt down your assailant, deal with you when you are pregnant, or help you cope with psychologic issues. they don't want to have to deal with their own psychologic disgust surrounding this. in all, it makes it easier for care-givers if they can get you to dismiss the idea of sex alltogether.

there are still some hormonal issues that are poorly understood. research suggests that skin to skin contact with other people has a great deal to do with sexuality. prisoners in prolonged solitary confinement, who are denied any human contact whatsoever, quickly lose all interest in sex, and later the ability to have sex at all. there are other studies on "college dorm syndrome" in which females who resided in separate households who move into college dorms experiance a synchronization of their menstural cycles in response to very minute quantities of hormones recieved from personal contact and shareing of clothing. people who have CP often live lives in isolation not all that different than prisoners in solitary confinement. they may often not touch another person not even shaking hands, for weeks on end. as an experiment, you may wish to get as many females of child-bearing age to shake hands, hug, etc. on a regular and frequent basis. see if this doesn't help jump-start your natural response.

i hope i have offered some insight into what may be causing or contributing to your problem, but ultimatly, this is something you need to sit down with your doctor about, because only she can really diagnose what is going on. at least now, you may have some ideas about what you can do about it other than just live with it.
pudetat

Postby jimmymaxewell » Wed Nov 26, 2014 3:41 am

Thanks for the reply of this post, i am also dealing with the ED and really unaware with the root causes of this dysfunction.
jimmymaxewell

Postby j121walker » Mon Sep 07, 2015 3:19 am

It may possible or cannot be, but it is quite difficult to understand about the erectile dysfunction and it causes. It is better to consult with a professional physician to know about the exact causes for ED. The treatment of erectile dysfunction is now possible with the use of the generic medications which are always prescribed by the doctors after the examination of the physical health.
j121walker

Postby david1002 » Wed Dec 30, 2015 3:46 am

I am also dealing with the ED and really unaware with the root causes of this dysfunction.
david1002

Postby sophiaholmes55 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:54 am

There are many causes for erectile dysfunction in men. Mainly it caused due to stress, and diabetes, unhealthy lifestyle etc. cerebral palsy is one of the reason for ED. There are many medicinal options are available to treat ED, Tadalafil is the best medicine effectively treat impotence.
sophiaholmes55

Postby ryansteven » Wed Jan 27, 2016 4:26 am

In my opinions No. Still there are lots of misconceptions about the erectile dysfunction. As per medical results still it is not cleared about the root causes that triggered erectile dysfunction in young age. It is believed that Psychological and physical health problems triggered the impotence in any age. It is better to use a Generic drug that holds sildenafil citrate to reverse this condition.
ryansteven

Postby Dario » Wed Aug 31, 2016 7:20 am

As far as I know, reasons for erectile dysfunction may be very individual. It may be caused by some medications that you take or by some stressful experience. First of all, you need to consult with your doctor. You know, it’s often about helping your doctor helping you. I had erectile issues caused by stress and slight depression and also some antidepressants I was taking to fight that problem, a whole package. It took me quite some time to start improving, but one of the things that helped me (apart from consulting my doctor and going through a treatment course) was *********. Yes, I know it may sound doubtful – it definitely seemed so to me when I’ve heard it for the first time, but it did help me. Here’s the link that my doctor sent me in an email, there is quite a choice of products that may help you. I suggest that you do go and see your doctor before taking any pills, though.
Dario

Postby derikFG » Mon Oct 23, 2017 11:52 pm

Male impotence or ED in men happens owing to inadequate blood stream to the male restorative body. The PDE5 catalyst blocks the blood stream and refuses it from entering into the male sexual body throughout lovemaking. Because of the absence of ordinary blood stream, even the courses and blood vessels close to the penile region
derikFG

Postby Beverere » Mon Apr 23, 2018 3:58 am

Taoist sexual practices are worth mentioning. Check it out. And in addition, there're Kegel exercises and visualization techniques. And one of the reasons is low testosterone level, which can be cured with herbal medications. I strongly recommend this one for example kamagra
Beverere

Postby kevincook » Wed May 16, 2018 4:13 am

Erectile Dysfunction problem is a one of the worst and depression causes health issues in the men life. It will make more bitterness between the couples life. The low level of hormones will lead a person into the Erectile dysfunction problem. Super p force gives the good results for the ED problem, but before using this pill, consult with the doctor.
kevincook

Postby lesathomas » Thu Jul 12, 2018 2:17 am

Millions of men have interest towards sexual life even at their 40's. However, not all men are going to be able to have intercourse with their partners once the age of 40 years. It gets difficult for them to urge erection and nearly a few men experience this drawback. Several men get depressed attributable to these issues of erection and that they start mistreatment several tough and dear treatments for enjoying their traditional sexual life. However, none of those expensive surgeries guarantee you one hundred PC result out of the surgeries. There are a few alternatives that which guarantee you the results and that they are oral male enhancement medicines. One in all such marvelous medication is Kamagra 100mg tablets. This tablet is the generic type of sildenafil medicine.
lesathomas

Postby rwilson » Thu Jul 19, 2018 11:30 pm

There are several men who face the problem of ED and spastic cerebral palsy is one of them. There are several non-drug treatment available though one can go for generic vardenafil online for immediate treatment.
rwilson

Postby JerryJ121 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 2:11 am

Erectile Dysfunction is a very common sexual health issue in men. Many of the physicians prescribe Sildenafil Citrate 100mg to treat ED. You can buy Sildenafil Citrate at Pillsuppliers pharmacy which is a best online pharmacy in the USA. Pillsuplliers provides branded medications for the treatment of men's and women's sexual health at a low cost.
JerryJ121

Postby justicemichael01 » Tue Aug 28, 2018 7:13 am

this is a very good topic of discussion.lots of people get valuable information from here.i am also related to ED.i am supplier of generic meds related to Ed.we have cheap and best generic remedies for your problem.pls visit our[url]https://www.rxnrx.com
[/url]
justicemichael01

Next

Return to Cerebral Palsy and Medical Malpractice