Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

s was the first, when he went from Cornell to Detroit in 197

Why I created this forum

Moderators: Lori-ann, Tmagic650

s was the first, when he went from Cornell to Detroit in 197

Postby elaine95 » Tue Oct 09, 2018 1:36 am

Montgomery played in 122 career NHL games from 1993-2003, his last nine games coming with the Stars. He also played for St. Louis, Montreal, Philadelphia and San Jose.

”I hope my coaching career is going to last longer,” Montgomery joked.

Only two head coaches had gone directly from college to the NHL before Hakstol and Montgomery.

Ned Harkness was the first, when he went from Cornell to Detroit in 1970 and was 12-22-4 as head coach before becoming the Red Wings GM. Bob Johnson went from Wisconsin to Calgary in 1982 and had a 234-188-58 record in six seasons as an NHL head coach. Johnson team’s made the playoffs in all six of his seasons, five in Calgary and his only season in Pittsburgh for a Stanley Cup title in 1991.

Nill said his final list of 10 candidates includes five veteran coaches and five others who could be given an opportunity as an NHL coach.

”He’s a guy that’s been on our radar screen,” Nill said of Montgomery. ”He had that passion, that fire. He’s built his resume up the right way. It’s about winning, and he’s found a way to do it, and especially a way to do it in today’s game.”

Womens Seattle Seahawks Jerseys
elaine95

Return to Welcome - About Me