Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

Small Item Gripping Aid

Discuss mobility tools (hand controls for driving, wheelchairs, walking aids) used to assist you with everyday life.

Small Item Gripping Aid

Postby Gareth » Mon Dec 10, 2018 6:40 am

Hey, so most people will be aware of the various gym and sport related gripping aids made by Active Hands, but I just wanted to mention that they've just launched a new gripping aid designed for small items such as pens/razors/toothbrushes/paint brushes/various make-up items etc. It's really easy to put on and then swap between items you want to hold. I was lucky enough to test one out when they were trialing them and it worked even better than I had hoped.

You can check it out here: https://www.activehands.com/product/small-item-aid/

I should also metion that they've started stocking various other aids and accessories to help people with limited finger function or grip. Things such as the Saebo Stretch, the Reacher/Grabber, the Receive-All etc. There are aids to help with sports, gardening, DIY, kitchen activities, dressing, day to day things etc, I use a number of them on a daily basis to help me be independent and think they're well worth checking out at the Active Hands shop.

Hope this can be of use to people!
Gareth

Return to Mobility Tools