Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

stem cell therapy for CP

Post updates on current Cerebral Palsy treatments and ask questions on current treatments

Moderators: Lori-ann, Tmagic650

stem cell therapy for CP

Postby Dan Young » Sun Mar 01, 2015 6:54 pm

Hello everyone,
Do you know that stem cell transplant is becoming the most effective way to treat CP? Has anyone heard of stem cell center of The General Hospital of Chinese People’s Armed Police Forces? Dr. Yihua An, the most reputable expert in the field of stem cell therapy, has treated more 4000 cerebral kids using stem cell therapy. But there're still millions of patients don't know this fact and cannot get the relative information about this amazing treatment. Work as Dr. An's assistant, I am more than willing to share this info to more and more patients, hoping they can get as much improvements as possible.

Since 2004, our department started treating infantile cerebral palsy, and till the end of 2014, we have treated 4278 patients, including 2324 patients with spastic type (54.32%), 1341 patients with mixed type (31.34%), 501 patients with athetoid type (11.71%) and 112 patients with other types (2.62%). The total improvement rate is 96%. Many patients already have apparent treating effect during their hospitalization: reduction of abnormal muscular tension (stem cell transplantation is very effective to reduce the muscular tension), better speech function (can speak more clearly, and have more active speech), better motor function (can raise the head upright with longer time, sit more steadily, holding things with more flexible hands and being able to coordinate in walking.), better physical fitness, sleep well and have better appetite. According to our follow-up data, most patients keep improving slowly after the surgery. Our treatment is accepted by many patients and their family members, and a lot of patients already received second, third or even forth course of transplantation and each course can improve patient’s condition in different ways.

The effect of treatment is closely related to the condition of cerebral injury, type of cerebral palsy, and age of the patient. The younger patient is, the better treatment effect would be. The effects of treating spastic type, mixed type and athetoid type cerebral palsys are the best, and other types such as ataxia cerebral palsy are less effective. In addition, everybody has his or her own reaction toward stem cell, so we are still having further study on this to improve our treating effect.

In a word, stem cell transplantation is effective and safe to infantile cerebral palsy, and it is the most effective treatment now. the effect of treatment would be even better if patients practice proper and systematic rehabilitation excises after the transplantation.

I will keep posting with more information about stem cell therapy treating cerebral palsy. Hope I can help more and more cp kids get recovery as much as they can.
Dan Young

Re: stem cell therapy for CP

Postby PerisKir » Thu May 07, 2015 4:02 am

I would like to know if those treatments can in near future (1-2 yerars) will be available in Europe and if in mild cases huge improvement can be seen in adults.

Thanks in advance
PerisKir

Postby heartjanerre » Fri May 15, 2015 6:56 am

This all sounds very promising. Does anyone know of doctors who specialize in this in the US? preferably in California or Arizona.
heartjanerre

Postby manzarm » Sun Jun 28, 2015 11:17 pm

Nice information about cerebral palsy treatment through stem cells.
manzarm

Postby TrishlaCP » Mon Jan 11, 2016 2:30 am

Stem cell therapy is used as a treatment to prevent from diseases. It is widely used in bone marrow transplant.
TrishlaCP

Postby mark_taylor » Sat May 21, 2016 4:09 am

Stem cell therapy is promising yet there is misunderstanding regarding the current state of its readiness for treatment of cerebral palsy. There are only two institutions in the United States conducting carefully designed research trials of stem cells in cerebral palsy but there are a number of clinics outside the US offering this therapy.

Recently Dr. Luigi Titomanlio and colleagues and colleagues published an excellent review of stem cell therapy for neonatal brain injury, one cause of cerebral palsy (Titomanlio L et al. Ann Neuorl 2011:70:698-712. As this review was intended for a medical audience, it is somewhat technical. However, it does explain the many aspects of stem cell therapy and summarizes the current state of knowledge regarding their use. I asked Drs. Gordon Worley and Jessica Sun from Duke University to comment on this article. Afterwards, I will provide less technical comments on stem cell treatment in cerebral palsy and list several excellent on-line sources of dependable information
mark_taylor

Postby hywiliham » Sun Dec 16, 2018 11:33 pm

Stem cell therapy was for the CP it was good for health this have all the frictions on it that was good to be have. I have to make this possible that was happen due to thebestessayservice thus was the famous company work in this city since long.
hywiliham

Postby samantha » Fri Jan 04, 2019 4:54 am

Researchers found the helpful side of Cannabis. Cannabis is known as for addiction only but now it can be our Alternative Medicine. Cannabis now has many benefits that will be good for your health. Cannabis oil is produced by extracting the resin of the female cannabis plant using a solvent. After the resin is dissolved in the solvent, It is evaporated leaving a concentrated extract behind. CBD Oil is a type of oil that contains CBD but does not contain THC which can give you a high efficiency. CBD Oil is from that cannabis flower, However, Cannabis now is proven that can help people to relieve pains or lessen seizure attacks. I have read many articles suggesting that cannabis has a very potent effect when it comes with pain and inflammation like this strain on Researchers found the helpful side of Cannabis. Cannabis is known as for addiction only but now it can be our Alternative Medicine. Cannabis now has many benefits that will be good for your health. Cannabis oil is produced by extracting the resin of the female cannabis plant using a solvent. After the resin is dissolved in the solvent, It is evaporated leaving a concentrated extract behind. CBD Oil is a type of oil that contains CBD but does not contain THC which can give you a high efficiency. CBD Oil is from that cannabis flower, However, Cannabis now is proven that can help people to relieve pains or lessen seizure attacks. I have read many articles suggesting that cannabis has a very potent effect when it comes with pain and inflammation like this strain on http://reason.com/reasontv/2015/07/13/w ... bis-busine
samantha

Postby Adriana-Smith » Tue Jan 29, 2019 11:17 pm

heartjanerre wrote:This all sounds very promising. Does anyone know of doctors who specialize in this in the US? preferably in California or Arizona.

Not in Arizona but I can surely tell you about stem cell therapy in NYC. New York Stem Cell Institute’s team of certified consultants and physicians takes pride in offering a stem cell therapy in NYC to promote patient’s optimal health, reduced pain and increased mobility. Get a free consultation: (646) 480-1259
https://nycstemcells.com/our-treatments ... l-therapy/
Adriana-Smith

Postby adultcp » Tue Mar 05, 2019 11:05 pm

Dan Young wrote:Hello everyone,
Do you know that stem cell transplant is becoming the most effective way to treat CP? Has anyone heard of stem cell center of The General Hospital of Chinese People’s Armed Police Forces? Dr. Yihua An, the most reputable expert in the field of stem cell therapy, has treated more 4000 cerebral kids using stem cell therapy. But there're still millions of patients don't know this fact and cannot get the relative information about this amazing treatment. Work as Dr. An's assistant, I am more than willing to share this info to more and more patients, hoping they can get as much improvements as possible.

Since 2004, our department started treating infantile cerebral palsy, and till the end of 2014, we have treated 4278 patients, including 2324 patients with spastic type (54.32%), 1341 patients with mixed type (31.34%), 501 patients with athetoid type (11.71%) and 112 patients with other types (2.62%). The total improvement rate is 96%. Many patients already have apparent treating effect during their hospitalization: reduction of abnormal muscular tension (stem cell transplantation is very effective to reduce the muscular tension), better speech function (can speak more clearly, and have more active speech), better motor function (can raise the head upright with longer time, sit more steadily, holding things with more flexible hands and being able to coordinate in walking.), better physical fitness, sleep well and have better appetite. According to our follow-up data, most patients keep improving slowly after the surgery. Our treatment is accepted by many patients and their family members, and a lot of patients already received second, third or even forth course of transplantation and each course can improve patient’s condition in different ways.

The effect of treatment is closely related to the condition of cerebral injury, type of cerebral palsy, and age of the patient. The younger patient is, the better treatment effect would be. The effects of treating spastic type, mixed type and athetoid type cerebral palsys are the best, and other types such as ataxia cerebral palsy are less effective. In addition, everybody has his or her own reaction toward stem cell, so we are still having further study on this to improve our treating effect.

In a word, stem cell transplantation is effective and safe to infantile cerebral palsy, and it is the most effective treatment now. the effect of treatment would be even better if patients practice proper and systematic rehabilitation excises after the transplantation.

I will keep posting with more information about stem cell therapy treating cerebral palsy. Hope I can help more and more cp kids get recovery as much as they can.

Hi there. I'm not sure if you're even active on this forum but I'm curious about the treatment that the hospital offers for adults with cerebral palsy and what results have you'll had with that?

I'm 38 years old. I was misdiagnosed when I was a child and only found out I have mild spastic cerebral palsy several months ago. I've been researching Stem Cell treatment and trying to get as much information as possible.

Thanks.
adultcp

Return to Cerebral Palsy Treatments