Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

Doug Marrone doesn’t watch Super Bowls

Useful links to other Cerebral Palsy resources.

Moderators: Lori-ann, Tmagic650

Doug Marrone doesn’t watch Super Bowls

Postby chenyan94 » Wed Nov 28, 2018 12:58 am

Doug Marrone doesn’t watch Super Bowls Womens Donte Moncrief Jersey , allegedly Jacksonville Jaguars head coach Doug Marrone had a little fun with the Boston media on Wednesday during his conference call. He was asked about watching the last Super Bowl, looking at film for the Jaguars opponent this week, but he surprised the northeast journalists by saying he didn’t watch it and he hasn’t watched a Super Bowl in years.“No, I’m usually so pissed off I can’t handle it,” Marrone told the Boston media during a conference call. “I just don’t watch it. I watch enough tape during the year.”The comments seem a bit curious, considering one of the teams in last year’s Super Bowl is the Jaguars opponent this weekend.“Probably when I wasn’t coaching, when I was allowed to gamble. Probably when I was 12, when I had a little money on it,” Marrone said when asked about the last time he watched one. “You guys write that , I’ll probably get (bleeping) investigated.”Everyone seemed stunned by this revelation, but he’s very clearly messing with them and no one got it. On Thursday afternoon, Marrone on his own local show on 1010XL “The Doug Marrone Show” had a little bit of a laugh about it.“They’re New England writers so you can say whatever you want really,” Marrone told JP Shadrick and Jeff Lageman while chuckling. He also mentioned that Houston Texans head coach Bill O’Brien called him and asked what about the time they were coaching together at Georgia Tech and attended then head coach George O’Leary’s Super Bowl parities.“Ok, rat me out why don’t you,” Marrone said laughing.Doug is the best. I don’t care what mad Bills fans say.Doug Marrone unbothered by Doug Pederson criticism Earlier in the week former Jacksonville Jaguars beat writer Vito Stellino tweeted a few excerpts from Philadelphia Eagles head coach Doug Pederson’s new book, Fearless. Vito tweeted a passage about the Jaguars, specifically how they handled going into the half against the New England Patriots in the AFC Championship game.I think it’s fair criticism, and not really anything like a shot at Marrone or the Jaguars.“I was there thinking , ‘You’ve got to be kidding me right now,’” Pederson writes, via Vito Stellino on Twitter. “It made me mad because Jacksonville had New England right where they wanted them. I was screaming at the TV in my office. When they knelt right before halftime, inside I was like, ‘I’ll never do that.’ It fueled me. They could have least tried for a field goal. They took it out of their quarterback’s hands, and they didn’t give to their big back Leonard Fournette. I thought, ‘If they lose this game, this is why.’ Sure enough they would go on to lose the game.”A lot of fans felt the same, though I didn’t really have an issue with how Marrone handled that particular part of the game. He played it safe and it came back to bite him.Marrone was asked about Pederson’s comments in Tuesday press conference and had a pretty brilliant response.“I got a couple text messages. Saying, ‘Blah, blah, blah.’ I’m just like, ‘Doug won a Super Bowl and Doug did a great job of coaching.’ I’m sure there is a long line of people that have the same questions or feelings,” Marrone said when asked about the comments. “It’s ‘what you are going to do?’ I read a book in the offseason by Mark Manson, number one best seller by the [New York] Times. Those things happen and that’s it. I respect the hell out of him and his team. He won a Super Bowl. We lost. When you lose you question everything. I don’t have a problem with it.”The book that Marrone is referencing? It’s titled The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck: A Counterintuitive Approach to Living a Good Life.
chenyan94

lambingan

Postby saeedkhatri » Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:50 am

Wow! Such an amazing and helpful post this is. I really really love it. It's so good and so awesome. I am just amazed. I hope that you continue to do your work like this in the future also. lambingan
saeedkhatri

Return to Useful Links