Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

Attitude/Personality Change Concern

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Attitude/Personality Change Concern

Postby bigsisterof1 » Mon May 14, 2012 12:19 pm

I am conservator of my brother who is 37 years old and has severe CP. Currently, his attitude and personality has changed drastically. He does live in a group home and isn't able to tell me what's bothering him. He's been in this group home for over 15 years and we've never had a problem. He developed spinal meningitis when he was 8 months old and has CP since then.

My question is this: Could this have anything to do with CP? Has anyone experienced moodiness and personality change with their child/family member who has CP? I am trying to check out all possibilities and am very concerned.

I have already started visiting him more frequently and each time a different day and time of the day. I am noting all staff that is there and how he reacts to them and me. My brother has always been very friendly and loving to everyone especially me. I am praying hard to figure this out. I had another family member who suggested it could be a side effect of a medicine or just his personality changing as he's getting older.

I would appreciate any suggestions or if any of you have experienced anything close to this.....please help.
bigsisterof1

Return to Parents of children with Cerebral Palsy