Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

Question for parents of children with Cerebral Palsy

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

Question for parents of children with Cerebral Palsy

Postby Student » Mon Nov 16, 2015 9:34 pm

Hi,

My name is Kasia, I am a Industrial Design student from Rhode Island and I need your opinion !
I am currently designing the system for parents to exercise with their children at home. I have read this paper ( http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/25804826 )which shows that parent participation in exercising has positive effect on child.
First of all I would like to ask if you agree with that?

My idea is based on designing the body-worn movement monitors for a child to wear during the day which will analyze his/hers activity in particular joints ( like on ankle) , but when worn during the exercising / physical therapy at home will connect with the device on parent body ( like on ankle ) to signal when the exercise is not done properly. It will enable to instantly correct the position of the joint to make sure that the rehabilitation is the most effective and safe. By adding the device for parents to wear during exercise I wanted to create an opportunity for you to exercise with child.
The movement monitor wear by child measure and collect data from the whole day to enable physician to see the progress and adjust physical therapy.

What I would like to ask you is to give me a feedback or suggestions what should this kind of device have or what would it make it more helpful.

I would really appreciate any feedback!

Thank you in advance!
Student

Return to Parents of children with Cerebral Palsy