Donate to cerebralpalsyforum.net today by clicking the button above

who knows what tomorrow may bring

Here parents of children with Cerebral Palsy can post questions about caring for their child and get advice on special needs and care.

Moderators: Tmagic650, Lori-ann

who knows what tomorrow may bring

Postby MyMik » Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:29 pm

I have a 9 year old boy who has been a wonderful son to us and now I have a 11 months old daughter who has i felt completed my family. We were alarmed 2 months ago that she is still not crawling and sitting. During her first 6 months of life she was screaming most of the time to the extend we were not able to put her on the floor. when she was 10 months old she was somehow we think she has started to outgrow it. So we are just starting to get her on her tummy. last month we went see the health visitor and raised our concern that she is still not sitting independently. The reply the wed had was because for the last 6 months she was carried most of the time , she would not be able to sit. 2 weeks ago my daughter was admitted to hospital with a viral illness and the paediatric consultant noticed she had hypertonia in her lower extremities. so we we referred to the child development team and started her physio last week. We are still waiting to see a community consultant for my daughter to be assess. everyday it has been like hell for me and my wife. Getting through a day was like having a stone inside my chest all day. How to manage to survive each day without thinking what the future hold for my daughter, I love her so much ... It hurts to see her specially when she is asleep...I am struggling and so as my wife.
MyMik

Return to Parents of children with Cerebral Palsy